La Rosaleda is a Bilingual Secondary School since 2007. There is a Bilingual Training Course whose name is ‘Técnico en Servicios en Restauración”.
Five classes have already achieved their degrees which are about 200 students.
These students have studied the following bilingual modules during the two courses:
- Basic operations in bar-cafeteria (288 hours):
- Communication techniques in catering (64 horas)
- Inglés (160 horas)
- English Labour Training and Guidance (96 hours)
- English Service in Bar / Cafe (105 hours)
- Gastronomy (84 hours)
- English Enterprise and Entrepreneurship (84 hours)
- Independent Study (63 hours)
These modules represent a total of 784 hours in English which is nearly 40% of the whole numbers of hours (2000hours).
The students have participated in many different Educational Projects. For example:
- English Breakfast: an innovative project where students and teachers share space and time together at “Break Time”. Students serve an English breakfast and teachers from the High School ask for their breakfast in English. It has been served during all these five years.
- A Cocktail Competition in English.
- GUACALEDA ICE-CREAM: part of UNLOC, which is a Comenius Regio Project developed for two years. Students made the marketing campaign of the Ice-cream with a huge success. (2008-2010).
- Generacion-e: a Junta de Andalucía project where students have to start a “cooperative”. A real business and sell and buy products with another cooperative either Spanish or foreigner:
Casa Rosaleda, Rosaleda AAA+ are two examples.
Let me show this presentation about these five years of bilingualism
FIVE YEARS OF BILINGUISM AT IES "LA ROSALEDA" on PhotoPeach